Some Facts About Back Pain
- Estimates say there are 31 million Americans suffering from varying levels of back pain
The following are some other interesting facts that showcase how serious the problem is:
- In 2010 a report titled Global Burden of Disease dubbed lower back pain as the number one cause of disability around the world
- Aside from infections in the upper respiratory tract, back pain is the next biggest reason for a doctor’s visit and also one of the most common reasons that people miss a day of work
- Half of all employed Americans describe feeling back pain each year
- Issues that are not related to an underlying condition are the biggest reason for back pain
- Experts claim that as many as 80% of people will have back pain throughout their life
Why Do I Have Back Pain in Spartanburg?
The exact cause of each individual’s back pain can be very different. Due to the number of muscles, tendons, bones, and ligaments in the area, the back is a common area for an injury to occur. Weight, posture, sports, stress, lifting, car accidents, and injuries are all possible reasons for back pain. There are also conditions that can lead to back pain such as arthritis and osteoporosis. Some diseases that are influential to back pain can stem from a disease that starts in the internal organs.
Chiropractic at Converse Chiropractic To The Rescue
Chiropractic is an effective and safe way to help treat a variety of back pain. There will be less pain and more mobility with chiropractic care. Patients are also often able to stop taking prescription medications, therefore eliminating the side effects those drugs have. Chiropractors focus on finding the cause of the pain rather than prescribing a drug that will mask the symptoms. This approach aims to actually cure the problem as opposed to providing short-term relief.
Chiropractors know that changes in your lifestyle will also help in your back pain prevention efforts. Some of these include keeping your weight in a good range, staying away from sitting down too much, staying active, drinking lots of water, stretching regularly, wearing flat shoes, and having proper posture. Back pain should be a long-lost memory if you follow these steps and regularly see a chiropractor.
At Converse Chiropractic we are prepared to help all your chiropractic needs in Spartanburg. Please feel free to call with any questions.